San Francisco, CA
Full-timeSalary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
*Title: Membership Coordinator and Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Regular Full-Time*
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Membership Coordinator will be responsible for developing and maintaining members and member services on a national level. The membership coordinator also serves as the staff liaison to the National Youth Student Council and the Young Professionals Caucus. Some work during evenings and weekends and travel required.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide assistance to local Chapters about their membership concerns.
- Manage JACL’s system of membership tracking to ensure timely and accurate information for fundraising as well as membership purposes.
- Organize, develop and document membership policies and procedures
- Work with the Vice President of Membership and membership committee members
- Ensure the timely scheduling and mailing of member and nonmember mailings including membership renewal notices, member cards, appeal letters, and letters of acknowledgment.
- Develop and maintain a periodic system of communications about the status of membership for Chapters, District Governors, and the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement an annual program for chapters to retain lapsed members and to acquire new members
- Develop JACL membership materials that include handbooks and/or workshops for Chapters and membership brochures.
- Works with the National Youth Student Council and Young Professionals Caucus to implement programming on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties and handles other responsibilities as directed by the Executive Director.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Two years of experience in a non-profit.
- At least two years of experience with CRM system such as Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge which is currently used. Will make decisions on new CRM system to be implemented.
- Transcribe verbal or written information at the rate of 60 words per minutes with less than four errors.
- Experience with the use of a variety of office equipment including: copiers, postage machines, and fax machines
- Computer system training and experience that includes word processing, spreadsheet programs and the use of database management information systems.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Some lifting and bending required.
- Some work after routine work hours and weekends required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience in working in a nonprofit environment preferred.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Successful completion of the probationary period.
- Be physically able to perform job duties
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes. Other combinations of education and experience which could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job may be considered.
Salary and Benefits
Salary depends upon experience and will be within the range of $45,000-$60,000
Benefits include FICA, health/dental/vision insurance, life and disability insurance, workers compensation, unemployment insurance. Employee is eligible for retirement program after one-year of employment. Full personnel policies and affirmative action plan available on request.
-JACL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to JACL Executive Director David Inoue: email@example.com