Application Deadline extended to Monday, August 1, 2016.
Daniel K. Inouye and Norman Y. Mineta Fellowships
Inouye and Mineta Fellows will work out of the JACL National office in Washington D.C. and be responsible for the following:
- Staff and monitor key legislative initiatives and issues relevant to the AAPI community.
- Work on a wide variety of projects, issues and programs.
- Conduct research and study topics assigned.
- Interact with other national AAPI and civil rights organizations in the DC area.
- Work with JACL and other organizations to organize programs and events.
- Serve on various civil rights and AAPI committees.
- Perform a wide variety of duties, and work directly with the Executive Director.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens, graduating college seniors or students in graduate or professional programs, and a member of the JACL. Preference will be given to those who have demonstrated a commitment to Asian American issues, particularly those affecting the Japanese American community. Communication skills, especially in writing, are important.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, a sample of writing, and names and contact information for two (2) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inouye and Mineta Fellows will begin in Fall 2016. Click here for the Daniel K. Inouye Fellowship application. Click here for the Norman Y. Mineta Fellowship application.