If you need crisis support you may contact the Crisis Text Line by sending the text “HOME” to 741741. For more information about this resource, visit http://www.crisistextline.org/.
State Hate Crime Laws:
45 states and the District of Columbia have statutes criminalizing various types of bias motived violence or intimidation.
See a chart of hate crime laws by state here, from the NAACP.
Resources from the Stop Hate Project:
- When Hate Hits You: A resource guide on anti-Asian sentiment including examples of hate crimes, factors that cause anti-Asian sentiment, and steps to take when an incident occurs.
- A Troubling Legacy: A concise history of anti-Asian sentiment in the United States.
- An Unnoticed Struggle: A concise history of Asian American civil rights issues.
- Words Can Kill the Spirit: A brochure explaining racial slurs directed at Asian Americans.
- Anti-Asian Sentiment on Campus: A brochure that outlines what to do if a hate incident or hate crime occurs on campus.