Norman Y. Mineta Fellowship
The Norman Y. Mineta Fellowship position in the Washington, D.C. office of the JACL is now open and due by Friday, June 7, 2013. Named after the Honorable Secretary Norman Y. Mineta, former Secretary of Transportation and former Secretary of Commerce, this fellowship focuses on public policy advocacy in the Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) community.
- Opportunity to staff and monitor key legislative initiatives and issues relevant to the AAPI community.
- Work on a wide variety of projects, issues and programs.
- Conduct research and study topics assigned.
- Interact with other national AAPI and civil rights organizations in the DC area.
- Work with JACL and other organizations to organize programs and events.
- Serve on various civil rights and AAPI committees.
- Perform a wide variety of duties, and work directly with the Executive Director.
- Minimum four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and computer skills.
- Ability to take directions and follow through with assignments.
- Must work well with others and have good interpersonal skills.
- Be a member of the JACL and familiar with AAPI issues.
Time Period & Stipend:
The term of the fellowship will be for a time period of six to ten months and will begin as soon as the recipient is available. A $2,200 monthly stipend will be provided.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, a sample of writing, and names and contact information for two (2) references to the Washington, D.C. office of the JACL firstname.lastname@example.org with "Mineta Fellowship" in the subject line.
If you have any questions, please contact the DC office at 202-223-1240 or email@example.com.